Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vacation, crazyness and the job always the job.

Wow so it has been a really weird month. Work-wise I have not been motivated because I took a mini-vacation earlier in the month and I ma officially on vacation for the next week. I knew that I wasn't going to hit my goals and no one else is either. They are talking about moving our goals up so its harder and harder for us to hit them. With the initial rush of the Iphone over I don't see how the company can expect to raise our standards and pay us less for them while out nation is looking a depression square in the face. I mean what is the motivation except to really irritate us and make us leave?

I had a customer who works for Cap One and he asked me to send him my resume and he would see what he had. I wrote one up and sent it to him on Tuesday and I haven't heard anything back yet. At fist my hopes were high but now I am not so sure. I guess there is no point worrying about it, what ever happens it will be for the best.

I have been slacking in Kung Fu as well this month, I have been very inconsistent. Work is partially the issue, if keeps me stressed out and we don't close until 8 so its hard to get out of there in time to even make it for advanced hour. That is one of the reasons I was excited about the Cap One job, it would allow me to really work and become better.

My zen practice has become non existent, I have a short temper and I have not been focusing on what I need to be. I haven't been playing much poker after going on a 6 buy in downswing early in the month. I have played a hand full of sessions and they have all been winners since though. Not really in part to a better mindset, but due to shorter sessions and a really good book I read. It is an e-book by Ryan Fees and its really really good. Now if i can just get my mind to where it needs to be I will be happy.

Melissa and I are going to Galveston this week so I will get to see Matt from kung fu. This is our first real vacation in 5.5 years and so its a big deal. We will be leaving on Tuesday and coming back on Friday, we are going to board Bella at a pet hotel. It will be a lot of firsts. We are going to stay in a Hilton down there and it will be nice to sleep in and see some different scenery.It will be nice to get away and relax and not worry about shit for awhile. I hope it allow me some time to recharge and really come back to make some headway in a number of directions.

As of late I really feel that I am wasting a lot of my time with a lot of stupid shit. I feel that I could be doing something more beneficial and working towards finding the one thing that I can really excel in. I know that sounds cheesy but I believe that everyone has one thing that they can be known for and be sought after in that area. I feel that most of the time I am pretty adequate in my pursuits, but never amazing. Maybe its prideful that I want to be really great at one thing, but I don't know.

I had a customer today who really drove me nuts. This was the kind of person who you could tell had done so many drugs that she was retarded. I repeated everything to this woman over and over and over, the same things, this is the price you pay today, this is the amount of the mail in rebate. It was like she was a gold fish, or trying to sell a phone to the guy in Memento. She took up about 90 minutes of my time and then she just walked out. Apparently she is a regular and has a history of freaking out in the store. Weird shit.

No comments: