Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day

I get a call today from a woman who wants an additional discount on damaged merchandise in the store. We go back and forth for awhile. The store offered her 25% and she says that's not enough. I told her that we are not going to do more than that. She tells me, "I don't expect you to see my point, but I do expect you to understand my point." What the fuck lady, that is the stupidest comment I have heard this week. I almost said that comment makes absolutely no sense and I am more stupid for having heard it.

Last night I move up and started playing 10NL. I have beaten that level before and it was not hard but I ran horrible last night. The play was a lot worse than I remember it being from before. I played ~3100 hands and lost 7 buy ins, yea it went that bad. AA vs. J9 we get it all in on the flop that is jack high and he hits a 9 on the river. I would have like KQ and he has KJ we flop a king and he calls me down and hits a jack on the river. I really ran badly. People are playing very passive, like smooth calling with QQ when in the small blind. That is a horrible play but I couldn’t get lucky. So it is back down to 5NL for a little bit longer. I think I can be back to where I was in a few days, hopefully the next time I take a shot I will run a little better.

I skipped class last night; I just really wasn’t in the mood. I regret it today so I might go to the Friday night class tomorrow night. I hung out with Melissa and we watched "The Kingdom." It was amazing; the last 30 minutes were seriously nonstop. Very intense movie. Melissa liked it as well but it won't be a movie that we will own, we just won’t watch it enough. She doesn't like to re watch movies like that. I am not sure if we have anything else to watch currently. I recorded 25 hour with Edward Norton and watched about half of it the other day. I am going to finish that one soon it was shaping up to be really good. I am a big Edward Norton fan and have seen a lot of his movies and I am glad that this one is good so far. He is remaking the Hulk and is the lead character of Bruce Banner. I am not sure how I feel about that the last one was absolute trash, but he did some of the writing on this new one and is a comic book fan so we will see.

Today is Valentines Day the day that greeting card companies use to make guys spend money. I am really indifferent about this day; I don’t hate it or love it. I am in a bit of a quandary though. I was going to get Melissa a pea coat but I haven’t been able to find one. I told her about it so we could go shopping for one that she liked but nada couldn’t find one at all. So now it’s the day and I have nothing. I am going to stop on the way home and get her something. I know its last minute but we are off together on Wednesdays now and I can’t very well take her with me for the usual type of Valentines Day present.

I have been speaking with Kevin about careers and stuff a lot lately and he kind of got onto me for not having my resume updated and still out there. I told him that I am currently happy with my job but I am not sure about the upward mobility aspect of it. We talked at length and he said I should put up a resume that is tailored towards sales jobs because there is an opportunity to make a lot more money. So I have been doing some updating and it's such a whip. It is very time consuming and I am just not overly good at this kind of thing. Luckily Kevin has been looking over the ideas I have and giving his insight. I don’t hate my job its really one of the best ones that I have had, but I could be missing out on something.

Well that’s really it for now. I think I am going to start incorporating the stupid customer comment of the day. It will get me started and I can move from there.

Until later

No comments: